DeiC now offers video and media hosting via Kaltura services. All in all, the service solves a number of challenges concerning increased use of media in education and research. This includes the need for storage, handling and display of video and media files via a central web portal, as well as the embedding of media into existing web solutions.
- Uploading and transcoding to a number of media formats
- Recording of small presentations, training sessions or guidance examples, or recording of full auditorium lectures
- Media management, including archival functions, editing, metadata, play-lists, subtitles, etc.
- Media publishing to portals, including Kalturas own media portal, YouTube, Hulu, etc.
- Integration with a number of LMS and CMS systems, in a contexual user interface, with access management to groups and users etc.
- Sharing via social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- Streaming of events through a number of production scenarios
- Player support on all common platforms via customizable players, including set-top boxes
- Searchability across both titles, metadata, subtitles, etc.
- Statistics and analytics tools, for example, what videos are viewed their entire length, geolocation of users, etc.
- Broad hardware support for many different hardware manufacturers, not just one or a few
- Integration with WAYF ensures access to the service via the user's logon at home organization
Media content is located in Denmark
Kaltura Services are supplied in collaboration with NORDUnet. NORDUnet negotiates the agreement with Kaltura, and operates the Kaltura "On-Prem" installation in a hosting center in Ørestad, with direct connection to the research network.
This ensures high safety standards for media content. In accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679 (Data Protection Regulation), a user organisation is responsible for content under Kaltura, DeiC is the data processor, and NORDUnet is a second data processor.
The user organisation and DeiC may enter a data processing agreement, based on a separate agreement between DeiC and NORDUnet.
Who can use the service
Higher educational and research organisations in Denmark can take avantage of the Kaltura Services at DeiC.
Contact projekt manager Thorkild Jensen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 3588 8235