Join the LUMI course in February
The LUMI-G partition is based on AMD GPUs, which is why EuroHPC CC Finland is launching a training day to help users connect their applications to this new architecture. The course is called: "Practical course on the CUDA to HIP porting."
The purpose is to get around the toolbox well, for example through examples and hands-on sessions.
This course is open to all users of the LUMI consortium, and EuroHPC CC strongly encourages anyone planning to use LUMI to submit an application.
All participants will receive training accounts on CSC's Puhti system with Nvidia GPUs, which will be used during the hands-on sessions.
The plan for February 26 looks like this (the times are in CET):
- 09:00 - 10:00 Introduction to AMD architecture and HIP
- 10:00 - 10:15 Pause
- 10:15 - 11:00 Hipify tools with examples
- 11:00 - 11:45 Breakfast
- 11:45 - 16:00 Practical sessions
To submit your own code, please create a txt file with the following information:
- How to retrieve the code and the possible input data.
- The name of the code, the contact person for any questions.
- How to compile and execute the code.
This is sent to: georgios.markomanolis (at) csc.fi
However, the number of applications selected for the hands-on sessions is limited.
The course will be held on 26 February 2021 between 9 am and 4 pm, it is free and you register here.